Legal Problems in Covid-19 Outbreaks and its Solution
Globalization attracts dramatic change in how the world interacts. In this interaction, fast mobility is undeniable, interests and competition are getting close, tight, and varies. Globalization advances the law and human rights to change, adapt, and as consequences a new institutional order arises. Most of the time, this institutional order is expressed in many approaches in the context of law even though globalization drives it to one connectivity. This expression of approaches, however, could be benefits and drawbacks at the same time because it affects investment, democracy, international relations, corruption, human rights aspect, terrorism, and social justice.
The conceptual and contextual development of trade, business, human rights, and globalization is undergoing significant changes due to the Covid-19 pandemic that hit the world since the end of December to the present. Law and legal issues on trade, business, human rights, and globalization have changed, so the solutions offered have changed. Therefore, the main theme of the conference is Legal Problems in Covid-19 Outbreaks and Its Solution, in which all sub-themes will be linked to the main theme.
- Trade and Business;
- Human Rights;
- Investment and Settlement Disputes;
- Democracy, Constitution, and Globalization;
- Maritime, Environment and International Policy;
- Governance and Anti-Corruption;
- General Issues.
Aim and Scope
- To take part to mark any legal development in society.
- To increase the publication in FH UNHAS itself and attract master and doctoral program students. The bachelor’s degree students should also be accustomed to publications on an international scale.
- To explore a broad range of the relevant human rights issues in the Asia Pacific region or international level.
Venue and Activities
The Online Virtual Conference will be hold on Wednesday-Thursday, November 11th-12th, 2020 via Zoom Meetings
- Closing date for Registration and deadline Submission of Abstract: October 14th, 2020 (Extended). Authors will be notified 7 working days after their submission.
- Closing date for Early Bird Payment: October 14th, 2020
- Closing date for Submission of Completed Paper: November 7th, 2020
- Closing date for Payment: November 7th, 2020
- Conference: November 11th-12th, 2020
There will be a Plenary Session on the first day of the Conference where the Invited Speakers consisting of respected law scholars will give a speech and share opinion to the participants regarding “Legal Problems in Covid-19 Outbreaks and its Solution” as a major theme of the conference itself.
Call for Papers
There will be up to twelve papers per panel to give presenters and discussants adequate time for a fruitful engagement. We encourage participants to focus their papers and address the conference theme and sub-themes. In addition to the general call for individual papers, we would also like to encourage individuals to organize their panels by coordinating with colleagues. This will make the panels to be more cohesive and will also foster greater collaboration between law stakeholders.
Selection Criteria for Papers
The papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be based on a competitive selection process. The selection criteria will be as follows:
- Relevance to the broad theme and sub-theme
- Quality of the abstract
- The geographical diversity of presenters
- The balance between senior and junior presenters
Submissions of Individual Papers
Participants should first indicate the relevant parallel session, based on the sub-theme that they wish to be included in, and second, indicate the general category of their paper. Example:
- Name of presenter: Mr. A
- Title of paper: “……………….”
- Subtheme: ……………
- Abstract: Description of paper in not more than 200 words.
Abstract and Paper Submission
If you wish to participate in this conference as a paper presenter, you have to submit an abstract for approval. The abstract is a summary of a research and is expected to meet the academic standards . Apart from that, you should send a biography along with your abstract.
Please Prepare Your Abstract in the Following Format:
- Title of paper – Bold
- Names of Author(s) : First author’s First Name, First Author Last Name1; Second author’s First name, second author’s Last Name2; and so on
- Name of the university or place of work: 1Department, Organization, Country 2Department, Organization, Country
- Contact details of the Author(s): email addresses: (1) Academic (2) Private
- Keywords: Three to four (3-4 words)
- Theme/Session: your presentation preferences
- Presentation preference: Oral
- Text : Font & size : Times New Roman font, size 11, Single paragraph
- Line Space : Single space
- Word count: 225 words excluding Title, names and keywords
Please submit your biography in the following format:
- Title /Last Name/ First Name: (E.g.- Dr. Smith, John)
- Present Position/Department/Organization/City/Country: (E.g.-1. Associate Professor, Department of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Arts and Culture, Institute of Human Develop and Training, Colombo, Sri Lanka) , (E.g.-2. Senior Research Assistant, Institute of Human Develop and Training, Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Biography(maximum of 70 words):
Write a brief note about yourself including your nationality, employment, education background, affiliations and your accomplishments etc.
Submission of Your Abstract
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts will be sent to you via e-mail;
- The conference committee reserves the right to decide on the acceptance/rejection of the abstract and the method of presentation
- By submitting an abstract you grant permission to the organizers to publish the abstract in print or in electronic formats.
- The invitation to submit an abstract or the acceptance of an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation, registration fee or any other costs.
- Payment of registration fees is necessary to participate or to present at the Conference or to publish your abstract in the conference book.
- Prepare your full paper and submit it before November 7th 2020, by referring to the conference website for full paper template.
- Pay the paper/publication fee per article soon after we inform you that your paper has been selected.
- Confirm your payment by sending a photo of transfer/remittance receipt to +62 811 4107 094 (WA) or email@example.com, we will not process your paper until the payment was confirmed.
- If your response is very slow so you cannot meet the deadline of full paper acceptance, we cannot publish your article in the proceeding. In this case your payment will be only returned 50% including transfer / remittance fee.
- Be active to response any e-mail notification or review from the committee.
Full Paper Submission
Registration Fee and Payment
Early Bird (Before October 14th, 2020)
|Indonesian Presenters||IDR 500.000||
|International Participants||USD 20||
|National Participants||IDR 300.000||
Bank Account Number: BNI 009 899 0071
Account Holder: Universitas Hasanuddin
- IOP Envi. Series (Scopus)
- Medico-Legal Update Journal (Q3)
- Journal of International Trade Law and Policy (Q3)
- Journal of Critical Review (Q4)
- Hasanuddin Law Review (S2)
- Amanna Gappa (S4)
Dean – Prof. Dr. Farida Patittingi, S.H., M.H.
Vice Dean for Academic,Research and Innovation Affairs – Prof. Dr. Hamzah Halim, S.H., M.H.
Vice Dean for Planning, Finance and Human Resources Affairs – Dr. Syamsuddin Muchtar, S.H., M.H.
Vice Dean for Students,Alumni and Partnerships Affairs – Dr. Muh. Hasrul, S.H., M.H.
Chair: Dr. Winner Sitorus, S.H., M.H., LL.M.
Secretary: Dr. Maskun, S.H., LL.M.
Treasurer: Dr. Iin Karita Sakharina, S.H., M.A.
Person: +62 811 4107 094 (Dr. Maskun, S.H., LL.M)